2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
Expand your comfort zone
The new Multistrada 1260 truly maximises the concept of versatility: The new 1262 cm3 Ducati Testastretta DVT engine extends powers even in low gear, the new chassis and cutting-edge electronics improve control and ease of driving in any condition and on any road.
- The maximum on any road: New engine. Greater usability and control. The new Multistrada 1260 takes you into a brand new “comfort zone”, where the pleasure of driving becomes a sense of well-being, travelling is turned into an experience and performance becomes pure emotion.
- Elegant and unique: The sleek surfaces, flowing design and volume difference between the front and rear remain the highly characteristic elements that in the new Multistrada 1260 reach completely new quality and finishing standards. Another highly characteristic element of the new Multistrada 1260 S are the Y-shaped 5 spoke wheels.
- New Testastretta DVT 1262: Thanks to the new Ducati Testastretta DVT 1262 cm3 Euro 4 engine, the new Multistrada 1260 is now even more pleasurable for everyday use thanks to the increased torque at low and mid-range engine speeds. The new Multistrada 1260 is the motorcycle with the highest torque value in its category standing at 4,000 rpm, which is the average rotation rate most commonly used when driving.
- Even more comfort for your travels: New chassis measurements, with a longer swing arm and a new shape at the front end, make tackling curves much more effective, whilst ensuring maximum stability even at full load with side panniers and pillion rider onboard.
- Technological reference point: The new Multistrada 1260 also stands as a technological point of reference: maximum safety with the inertial platform (IMU) that manages both the operation of the Cornering ABS and the Cornering Light. And more: Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, the highly revered Skyhook suspensions and the Vehicle Hold Control that ensures easy and safe uphill starts.
- The road, a free mind: The new Multistrada 1260 has long maintenance intervals: oil changes are scheduled for every 15,000 km, while the "Desmo Service" valve clearance control is required every 30,000 km, distances that allow you to enjoy all your travels, even the longest rides, without any worries.
- Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak: the king of every mountain: A new engine, with a robust power delivery even at low range engine speed, joins forces with the Ducati Quick Shift gearbox to achieve acceleration and adrenaline when coming out of every hairpin bend. The forged wheels and carbon steel components guarantee weightlessness when changing direction, while the fully adjustable swing arm and Öhlins shock absorber make it possible to achieve maximum precision and sporting performance from the new Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak.
- Standard equipment: In addition to the S version, the new Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak is equipped with the Ducati Performance by Termignoni approved exhaust system, carbon fibre windscreen and additional Plexiglas windscreen, Öhlins top range suspensions, carbon fibre front mudguard, carbon fibre air intake covers, carbon Hands-Free cover.
- Type: Ducati Testastretta DVT with Desmodromic Variable Timing, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,262 cc
- Bore x stroke: 106 x 71.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Power: 116.2 kW (158 CV) @ 9,500 rpm
- Torque: 129.5 Nm (95.5 lb-ft) @ 7,500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Bosch electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle bodies with Ride-by-Wire, equivalent diameter 56 mm
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, Termignoni carbon fibre silencer
- Notes on power/torque: The power/torque values indicated are measured using an engine dynamometer according to homologation regulation and they correspond to the homologated data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document.
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front wheel: 3-spoke forged light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front tyre: Pirelli Scopion Trail II 120/70 R17
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: 3-spoke forged light alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 190/55 R17
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 170 mm - 170 mm (6.7 in. - 6.7 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc Evo M50 4-piston callipers, 2-pad, radial pump with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: Color TFT display 5 in.
- Safety equipment: Vehicle Hold Control (VHC), Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (Bosch Cornering ABS + DTC), Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Ducati Cornering Lights
- Standard equipment: Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down, Cruise control, Hands-Free, Backlit handlebar switches, Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), Full-colour TFT display, Full LED headlamp, Auto-off indicators
- Additional Equipment: Ducati Performance by Termignoni homologated exhaust, Carbon fibre windscreen, Plexiglass windscreen, High performance Öhlins suspension, Carbon fibre front mudguard, Carbon fibre side panels and Hands-Free cover
- Ready for: Anti-theft
- Warranty: 24 months, unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 miles) / 12 months
- Valve clearance check: 30,000 km (18,000 miles)
- Standard: Euro 4
- Consumption: 5.2 l / 100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Ducati Testastretta DVT with Desmodromic Variable Timing, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder, Dual Spark
- 1,262 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 106 x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Bosch electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle bodies with Ride-by-Wire, equivalent diameter 56 mm
- 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc Evo M50 4-piston callipers, 2-pad, radial pump with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Scopion Trail II 120/70 R17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 190/55 R17
- Pikes Peak Livery
- 24 months, unlimited mileage