2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FS 450
Call for Price
The pinnacle of Husqvarna supermoto competition, the FS 450 uses advanced engineering techniques to not only draw 63 hp from the 450cc motor, but also position the engine closer to the centre of gravity to vastly improve handling and manoeuvrability. The addition of launch control means perfect acceleration off the line, while class-leading ergonomics and traction control keep the rider in full control.
- Powerful Engine: The SOHC cylinder head is incredibly compact and lightweight using a short profile with the camshaft located as close to the center of gravity as possible, significantly improving handling and agility. The lightweight valves are actuated via a rocker arm and feature timing specifically designed to deliver precise levels of torque and throttle response.
- Lightweight Frame: The chromium molybdenum steel frame harnesses advanced geometries and flex characteristics aimed at providing unparalleled rider feedback, energy absorption and exceptional straight-line stability. The frame is finished off in a premium blue powder coating with standard frame protectors for superior protection and durability.
- Gearbox: A lightweight 5-speed gearbox produced by PANKL Racing Systems ensures the highest level of durability and reliability. The gear lever also features a unique design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position, even in the toughest conditions, while an advanced gear sensor selects the ideal engine map for each gear.
- Carbon Subframe: Carbon fibre is renowned for its light weight and high strength. For those reasons, the FS 450 features a unique composite subframe made from 30% carbon fibre. Specific rigidity is engineered into the subframe to deliver optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is specifically positioned to harness the rotating mass in the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. As such, the inertia produced by the crankshaft is carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and rideability from the powerful 450cc plant. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The 16mm offset cnc machined triple clamp works in harmony with the front forks, offering superior handling and stability. A 3-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in hot or cold conditions, as well as over time.
- Anti Hopping Clutch: The SUTER anti hopping clutch prevents rear wheel instability and hopping when braking hard into the apex of a turn, for maximum control and perfect supermoto-style drifting.
- Functional Bodywork: Clean, Swedish-inspired design and ergonomics are tailored to deliver exceptional comfort and control, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. Adapted after countless hours of testing, the contact points are specifically positioned to allow seamless movement around the motorcycle.
- WP Xact Suspension: The WP XACT fork is lightweight and easy to adjust through a single air valve for pre-load, using the supplied fork pump. Compression and rebound fine-tuning is handled by tool-free click adjusters. Together with the fully adjustable WP XACT rear shock, Husqvarna offers superior suspension performance, feeling and comfort.
- Wheels And Tyres: Black 16.5"/17" Alpina spoked wheels on the front and rear respectively, are lightweight and strong. They are complemented by Bridgestone 125/80 R420 and 165/65 R420 slick tyres for maximum grip, traction and agility.
- Brakes: Exceptional stopping power is guaranteed by Brembo brakes, featuring a 4-piston radially mounted caliper in combination with a 310 mm disc at the front. A single piston caliper and a 220mm disc are fitted to the rear. The perfectly placed controls allow for optimal feel and balance under extreme conditions.
- Map Switch: Designed for easy, one-finger operation, the map switch is standard on the FS 450. This allows riders to easily select between 2 engine maps, activate the launch control or toggle the traction control feature.
- Engine Management System: The KEIHIN EMS is designed to be small, lightweight and fast at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar as well as traction control.
- 44 MM Throttle Body: The FS 450 features a 44mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is positioned to ensure the most efficient flow into the combustion chamber while to ensure optimal throttle response the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling.
- Electric Start And Li-Ion Battery: Along with the benefit of an easy electric starting system, a lightweight Li-Ion 2.0 Ah battery is fitted to the FS 450. The Li-Ion battery weighs approx. 1 kg less than a conventional lead battery meaning the convenience of electric starting is delivered while keeping overall weight to a minimum.
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Suter slipper clutch, Magura Hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, XACT 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 280 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 266 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 310 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Ground clearance: 290 mm
- Seat height: 890 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 7 l
- Weight without fuel: 102.9 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, XACT 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Seat Height
- 890 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 7 L
- Dry Weight
- 102.9 kg