2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FE 450
Call for Price
Redefining The Boundaries
The FE 450 features class leading power, technology and premium components standard. The new chromium molybdenum frame is a stand out feature on the 2020 model and is expertly crafted to offer the ideal combination of precision and agility out on the ride. The powerful engine has been further refined and features shaft arrangements aimed at improving mass centralisation and handling. With all the enhancements on the new 450, together with innovative electronics, WP suspension and an enduro specific rear linkage, the new FE 450 pushes the boundaries of progression to a whole new level.
- Engine: Weighing only 65.5 lbs the 450cc engine is not only light and compact but features the latest technology available offering unequalled performance, ride-ability and reliability in its class. Additionally, the engine is suited specifically for enduro type riding with a standard electric start and a 6 speed wide ratio gearbox.
- Cylinder Head: More compact, 15 mm lower and 500 g lighter, the new cylinder head on the 450 cc engine delivers improved bottom end performance and responsiveness. This compact design as also allowed for the camshaft to be placed closer to the centre of gravity, significantly improving handling. The new camshaft also features an improved cam surface with new rocker arms. 40 mm titanium intake valves, 33 mm steel exhaust valves and low-friction DLC coating on the rocker arm and shorter low-friction chain guides offer the optimum efficiency and reliability.
- Cylinder And Piston: The lightweight aluminium cylinder features a 95 mm bore and a new lightweight Konig forged bridge-box-type piston. This is perfectly matched to the high compression combustion chamber, producing very little oscillating mass. While the compression ratio has increased from 11.7:1 to 12.75, vibration has been significantly reduced, further increasing rider control and comfort.
- Crankcases: The crankcases are designed to house the shaft arrangements and internals of the engine in the best possible position, centralizing masses for a lightweight handling feel. High-pressure die cast production processes results in a thin but reliable wall thickness and keeping weight to a minimum.
- Frame: The new chrome-moly steel frame is expertly crafted using laser-cut, robot-welded, hydro-formed tubes, ensuring the highest level of precision and quality. While retaining the advanced geometry of its predecessor, it features an increase in longitudinal and torsional rigidity, for improved rider feedback, better energy absorption and increased stability. The cylinder head mountings are made of forged aluminium, further improving handling and comfort. The premium blue powder coated frame features standard frame protectors, providing extra durability.
- Composite Carbon Fibre Subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30% carbon fiber making it remarkably light (3.1 lbs). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Exhaust: The exhaust system is expertly designed to deliver class-leading performance at the lowest possible weight. The header pipe is designed and manufactured in two pieces, to be as compact as possible. It also features a new joining position, which allows it to be removed without having to take out the rear shock. Further innovation allows for a shorter, more compact silencer without increasing noise levels. The component is crafted from lightweight aluminium and is stylishly finished off in a new coating that highlights its premium quality.
- Integrated Cooling And Radiators: The radiators are expertly crafted using high-strength aluminium with CFD (computational fluid dynamics) to channel air through the radiators more efficiently. The cooling system is intelligently integrated into the frame, eliminating the need for additional hoses. New for 2020 is a 4 mm larger centre tube running through the frame. This reduces pressure at this point, allowing for a more consistent coolant flow. Additionally, the new radiators are mounted 12 mm lower, closer to the centre of gravity for improved handling agility. An optional radiator fan can be fitted and is available in the Husqvarna accessories catalogue.
- WP Xplor Fork: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is designed specifically for enduro riding. Its open cartridge layout has a spring in each leg with split damping functions. Compression damping in the left leg and rebound damping in the right. Adjustment is via easy-to-access clickers (30 clicks) on the top of each fork leg. For 2020, the standard preload adjusters allow for easier adjustment without the use of tools. The fork's updated mid-valve piston delivers more consistent damping, while a new setting allows the fork to operate higher in the stroke for improved rider feedback and bottoming resistance.
- WP Rear Shock: Featuring a new main piston and updated base setting to match the new frame and front end, the WP XACT shock provides advanced damping characteristics to the new range. The compact and lightweight shock features a pressure balance inside, ensuring consistent damping and superior rider comfort. Using the same linkage progression found in the Husqvarna Motocross range, the rear end now sits lower, for improved control in extreme enduro conditions. The fully adjustable component delivers 300 mm rear wheel travel, as well as unrivalled traction, feeling and energy absorption.
- Magura Brakes: The Magura braking system is designed for high sensitivity, providing a modulated feel while delivering superior stopping power. GSK wave disks (260 mm disc front and 220 mm rear) complete the high-quality braking package for complete confidence.
- Bodywork: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminum footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Map Switch And Traction Control: Designed for easy operation, the standard map switch selects between 2 EFI maps and activates the traction control feature. The TC (Traction Control) feature has an updated setting for improved control on slick terrain. Traction Control can be switched on or off from the map switch. It functions by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which the engine RPM increases. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS registers a loss of grip and reduces the amount of power to the rear wheel, ensuring maximum traction.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The 22 mm offset black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps are been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Electric Start And Wiring Harness: The FE 450 comes standard with an electric starter. The system uses a compact and lightweight Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery. With several years of experience of developing and perfecting electric starting, the proven reliability on the 2020 models is second to none, ensuring a quick and seamless start in any condition. Additionally, for 2020, an optimised wiring harness improves the packaging and concentrates all needed electrical components into a common area below the seat for easy accessibility.
- Handlebar: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting in all situations. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 lbs lighter than conventional lead battery.
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- CO2 emissions: 85.6
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5 °
- Ground clearance: 360 mm
- Seat height: 950 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 9 l
- Weight without fuel: 108.3 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Seat Height
- 950 mm