2020 Husqvarna Motorcycles FE 250
Call for Price
The FE 250 is the smallest capacity 4-stroke in the enduro line-up, which also means it's the lightest. With an array of new features and refinements, the 2020 model shines in tough technical terrain while delivering torquey, enduro-specific 4-stroke performance when you need it most. Designed and assembled using premium components, including WP suspension, selectable engine maps and a Magura hydraulic clutch, the FE 250 is a complete collection of unsurpassed quality, performance and reliability.
- Engine: The 250cc engine is designed to be powerful, light and compact. All major components and shaft arrangements are carefully positioned to best suit the performance and handling characteristics of the overall package. As a result, the engine weighs only 61 lbs while retaining its torquey nature making the FE 250 accessible for both professionals and amateurs.
- Cylinder Head: The cylinder head features advanced technology aimed at reducing weight and drag: from the low friction surface upon which the new twin overhead camshafts rotate, to the four lightweight titanium valves (intake 32.5 mm, exhaust 26.5 mm) that are actuated by DLC (diamond like carbon) coated finger followers. The new camshafts also feature revised timing, further boosting performance and responsiveness.
- Cylinder And Piston: The FE 250 engine is designed to be compact while centralizing rotating masses. As a result, the crankcases are engineered to house the shaft arrangements at the ideal centre of gravity. The casings are manufactured using a high-pressure die cast production process, resulting in thin wall thickness while retaining exceptional reliability. The iconic Husqvarna logo adorns the bronze finished crankcase covers.
- Exhaust: The exhaust system is expertly designed to deliver class-leading performance at the lowest possible weight. The header pipe is designed and manufactured in two pieces, to be as compact as possible. It also features a new joining position, which allows it to be removed without having to take out the rear shock. Further innovation allows for a shorter, more compact silencer without increasing noise levels. The component is crafted from lightweight aluminium and is stylishly finished off in a new coating that highlights its premium quality.
- Frame: The new chrome-moly steel frame is expertly crafted using laser-cut, robot-welded, hydro-formed tubes, ensuring the highest level of precision and quality. While retaining the advanced geometry of its predecessor, it features an increase in longitudinal and torsional rigidity, for improved rider feedback, better energy absorption and increased stability. The cylinder head mountings are made of forged aluminium, further improving handling and comfort. The premium blue powder coated frame features standard frame protectors, providing extra durability.
- Composite Carbon Fibre Subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna showcasing pioneering technologies and innovation. This 3 piece component is made up of 30% carbon fiber making it remarkably light (3.1 lbs). Specific care is taken to engineer a calculated rigidity for optimal handling and rider ergonomics.
- Integrated Cooling And Radiators: The radiators are expertly crafted using high-strength aluminium with CFD (computational fluid dynamics) to channel air through the radiators more efficiently. The cooling system is intelligently integrated into the frame, eliminating the need for additional hoses. New for 2020 is a 4 mm larger centre tube running through the frame. This reduces pressure at this point, allowing for a more consistent coolant flow. Additionally, the new radiators are mounted 12 mm lower, closer to the centre of gravity for improved handling agility. An optional radiator fan can be fitted and is available in the Husqvarna accessories catalogue.
- Triple Clamps: The hollow, cast aluminum swingarm is designed to offer optimal stiffness and reliability while adding minimal weight. The machining above the rear axle allows the chain adjuster markings to be seen from above for easy maintenance.
- WP Xplor Fork: The WP Xplor 48 front fork is designed specifically for enduro riding. Its open cartridge layout has a spring in each leg with split damping functions. Compression damping in the left leg and rebound damping in the right. Adjustment is via easy-to-access clickers (30 clicks) on the top of each fork leg. For 2020, the standard preload adjusters allow for easier adjustment without the use of tools. The fork's updated mid-valve piston delivers more consistent damping, while a new setting allows the fork to operate higher in the stroke for improved rider feedback and bottoming resistance.
- WP Rear Shock: Featuring a new main piston and updated base setting to match the new frame and front end, the WP XACT shock provides advanced damping characteristics to the new range. The compact and lightweight shock features a pressure balance inside, ensuring consistent damping and superior rider comfort. Using the same linkage progression found in the Husqvarna Motocross range, the rear end now sits lower, for improved control in extreme enduro conditions. The fully adjustable component delivers 300 mm rear wheel travel, as well as unrivalled traction, feeling and energy absorption.
- Magura Braking System: New for 2018 is a Magura front and rear braking system. The system features a similar layout to the previous design with improved sensitivity for a more modulated feel while still retaining the highest level of performance. 260mm disc front and 220mm rear.
- Bodywork: The FE 250 features new bodywork which clearly showcases Husqvarna Motorcycles' pioneering approach to off-road motorcycle design. The ergonomics are specifically tailored to deliver greater comfort and control. As a result of extensive testing, the contact points have been slimmed down, making shifting between riding positions easier and allowing the rider to flow with movement. Thanks to the improved packaging of the wiring harness, the new seat profile reduces the seat height by 10 mm and together with the new seat cover, delivering superior comfort and control in all conditions.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: The 22 mm offset black-anodised CNC machined triple clamps offer premium quality and style standard on all Husqvarna enduro models. The triple clamps are been expertly crafted using superior techniques and materials to provide high levels of quality and reliability. A 2-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Throttle Body: A standard electric starter guarantees easy starting in all situations. The system is powered by a lightweight and powerful Li-Ion battery which is 2.2 lbs lighter than conventional lead battery.
- Electric Start And Wiring Harness: The Husqvarna frame features a clever, self -cleaning footpeg mount which prevents the build-up of dirt collected through deep ruts or muddy terrain. As a result, the footpeg will spring back into its original position ensuring perfect control. The large aluminum footpegs have an Enduro specific grip pattern while the position of the pegs is 6mm higher than that found on the MX models to further increase ground clearance over rocks and deep ruts.
- Airbox: The new airbox on the FE 250 features precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and ensuring maximum airflow and filter protection. The air filter can be easily accessed without the use of tools, by removing the left side panel. The Twin Air filter and filter cage design features a simple fail proof mounting system, guaranteeing safe and easy maintenance.
- Displacement: 249.9 cm³
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Bore: 78 mm
- Stroke: 52.3 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Magura hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- CO2 emissions: 80.4
- Frame design: Central double-cradle-type 25CrMo4 steel
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 300 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 300 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5 °
- Ground clearance: 360 mm
- Seat height: 950 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 9 l
- Weight without fuel: 105.5 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 249.9 cm³
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Seat Height
- 950 mm