2018 Ducati PANIGALE 959
The Motor Cafe
- Superbike Essence: The track as a test bench, the stopwatch as an indisputable judge. For us victories and pole positions mean only one thing: the ability to build increasingly better street bikes. Because in Borgo Panigale competition and mass production are so close that they coexist. Technology, materials, innovative - and sometimes "visionary" - ideas give rise to unique motorcycles. Like the 959 Panigale, which incorporates the DNA and spirit of winning Superbikes to a practical level never seen before.
- Perfect balance: Power and lightness. Performance and control. The 959 Panigale achieves the perfect balance of these elements. The power of the 955 cc twin cylinder Superquadro and the exclusive monocoque frame create a unique mix of performance and ease of riding. Lightweight, easy to handle and controllable thanks to the technical equipment like the Brembo monobloc brakes with Bosch ABS, the slipper clutch, the advanced and adjustable suspensions and all the control and management electronics.
- Symbiosis of technique and design: Born from a tradition that has seen many Ducati models win the most important design awards, including the prestigious Compasso d'Oro, the Panigale family has always been an example of style. The LED light emits an immediately recognisable light signature, the headlight fairing optimises the aerodynamic protection and airflow to the engine, while the tail guard split in two parts makes the back even more aggressive.
- The Superquadro engine: The twin-cylinder Superquadro on the 959 Panigale is an integral part of the chassis as well as being the desmodromic heart of the bike. 157 hp at 10,500 rpm and a torque of 107.4 Nm at 9,000 rpm are numbers worthy of a Superbike, which on the 959 Panigale are managed not only by an advanced chassis but also by a top-of-the-line technical package.
- Performance, agility and control: The 955 Panigale uses all the Ducati technology to provide a perfect blend of racing performance and safety and comfort on the road. The standard motorcycle features the Bosch ABS 9MP, the two-channel latest-generation system that provides combined braking with anti lift-up function for the rear wheel so as to guarantee not only a reduced stopping distance, but also greater stability under braking
- Standard equipment: Standard equipment on the Panigale 959 includes: Power Mode, Ducati Quick Shift, Full RbW and steering damper.
- Engine: Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 955 cc
- Bore x stroke: 100 x 60.8 mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 110 kW (150 hp) @ 10,500 rpm
- Torque: 102 Nm (75 lb-ft) @ 9,000 rpm
- Notes on power/torque: The power/torque values indicated are measured using an engine dynamometer according to homologation regulation and they correspond to the homologated data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document.
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full Ride-by-Wire elliptical throttle bodies
- Exhaust: 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Stainless steel pre-silencer + twin aluminium side mufflers
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.77:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/16 3=27/18 4=25/20 5=24/22 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Monocoque Aluminium
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable Showa BPF fork. 43 mm chromed inner tubes
- Front tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 ZR17
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable Sachs unit. Aluminum double-sided swingarm
- Rear wheel: 10 spokes light alloy 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 180/60 ZR17
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 120 mm (4.72 in.) - 130 mm (5.12 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc M4.32 4-piston callipers, with Bosch ABS as standard
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, with Bosch ABS as standard
- Instrumentation: Full LCD display
Dimensions and Weights
- Seat height: 830 mm (32.48 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,431 mm (56.34 in.)
- Rake: 24 deg.
- Front wheel trail: 96 mm (3.78 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 17 L - 4.5 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Safety Equipment: ABS, Ducati Traction Control (DTC),Engine Brake Control (EBC), Riding Modes
- Standard Equipment: Power Modes, DQS, Fully RbW, Steering damper
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Mainteinance Service Intervals: 12,000 km (7,500 m)/12 months
- Valve Clearance Check (Desmoservice): 24,000 km (15,000 m)
Emissions and Consumption
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 133 g/km
- Consumption: 5.6 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 955 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 60.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full Ride-by-Wire elliptical throttle bodies
- 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43
- Front Suspension
- Fully adjustable Showa BPF fork. 43 mm chromed inner tubes
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Sachs unit. Aluminum double-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc M4.32 4-piston callipers, with Bosch ABS as standard
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, with Bosch ABS as standard
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 180/60 ZR17
- 56.34 in. (1,431 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.48 in. (830 mm)
- 24 deg.
- 3.78 in. (96 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. US (17 L)
- Ducati Red
- 24 months unlimited mileage